The Irish Tax Institute’s Third-Level Scholarship is open for applicants until 31 March 2023.
The Scholarship is for Leaving Cert students interested in tax as a career and need financial support to progress through college. It offers the successful applicant:
- financial assistance for third-level living expenses and costs,
- a place the Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) programme after their degree,
- mentoring and support from the Irish Tax Institute, and
- profile for their CV.
Find out more here.
Who is eligible to apply?
Leaving Cert students in the Republic of Ireland who:
- are interested in a career in tax and committed to entering the exciting and dynamic world of tax.
- require financial support to progress to third-level.
- feel they will achieve at least 420 points in the Leaving Cert 2023.
- will study a relevant third-level undergraduate degree.
Mature students who are applying to study a relevant qualification in 2023 may also apply.
How to apply for the scholarship?
The school guidance counsellor, principal or teach must nominate applicants before 31 March 2023. Then the Institute will issue the application forms to be filled and returned by 31 March 2023.
The application forms include:
- a 300-word profile from the applicant as to why they should receive the scholarship; and
- a recommendation letter from their school guidance counsellor, principal, teacher or other relevant school personnel.