The Irish Tax Institute (the “Institute”) respects the privacy of the Institute members, subscribers/customers of our products and services and the general public.
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer or mobile device that we use to store limited information about your use of our site and TaxFind.
More information about cookies and details of how to manage or disable them can be found on www.aboutcookies.org.
You can block or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser. To do this follow the instructions provided by your browser – usually this will be located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility. However, if you choose to opt-out of receiving cookies, you may lose some features and/or functionality of our site and/or of TaxFind.
We use the following cookies on our site:-
· Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies are required for the operation of our site (including cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, keeps you logged in throughout your visit or use a shopping cart).
· Performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies does not collect information that identifies a visitor, all information is aggregated and use anonymously.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use on our site and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Name||Type||Purpose||Expiry date|
|.ASPXANONYMOUS||Strictly necessary cookie||Used to store a unique ID for anonymous users for which you can use to track data for individual users.||70 days from set|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Strictly necessary cookie||Stores the unique identifier of the session and used to identify the users session.||End of browser session|
|PersonNo||Functional||To store the user name if any action taken place in cookie bar||60 minutes from set|
|__utma||Google Analytics||Used to determine users, his sessions and recent visit and visit count. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||2 years from set/update|
|__utmb||Google Analytics||Used to determine new sessions/visits. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.||30 mins from set/update|
|__utmc||Google Analytics||It stores the exit identifier and helps to identify if the session is ended.||End of browser session|
|__utmt||Google Analytics||It is utilized in order to manage the requests made to the Google Analytics||10 minutes|
|__utmz||Google Analytics||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.||6 months from set/update|
|language||Functional||To store the user preferred language.||End of browser session|
We use the following cookies on TaxFind:-
· Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies are required for the operation of TaxFind (including cookies that identify the user as being logged into TaxFind).
· Performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works. These cookies does not collect information that identifies a visitor, all information is aggregated and use anonymously.
· Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise store the page size selected in a search and whether you have acknowledged the customer policy.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use on TaxFind and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Name||Type||Purpose||Expiry date|
|This provides long-term authentication so that the user does not need to re-authenticate every time they open their browser and use TaxFind||Session|
|PLAY_SESSION||Strictly Necessary||We store session-level authentication using this cookie||1 year from set|
|userId||Strictly Necessary||The user ID of the current user||Session|
|cb-enabled||Functional||Customer policy acceptance state||1 year from set|
|pageSize||Functional||The page-size last selected by the user||2083 days from set|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish users||2 years from set|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used to throttle request rate||2 years from set|
You may opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting:
When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or a social network site, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. These cookies have not been set by the Institute. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work. Cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.