On 1 June 2021, the Institute hosted a joint webinar with Revenue exploring current tax administration and compliance issues in the context of the accelerated pace of change in work practices, remuneration trends and digitalisation.
Members heard from Revenue and practitioner speakers about:
- Upcoming changes to Revenue’s Compliance Intervention Framework and related developments to the qualifying disclosure regime
- Emerging trends in share-based remuneration and associated tax issues
- The digital transformation of tax administration
Following the presentations and Q&A, Shane Coleman, Newstalk, moderated a panel discussion between Revenue Chairman, Niall Cody and Institute President, Sandra Clarke on the digital future of tax administration and compliance and reflecting on the past year.
Speakers at this event included:
- John Barron, Revenue’s Chief Information Officer
- Julie Burke, BL
- Sandra Clarke, Irish Tax Institute President & Partner, BCC Accountants
- Niall Cody, Chairman of the Board of the Revenue Commissioners
- Sarah Conry, Tax Director, Deloitte
- Declan Rigney, Assistant Secretary, Revenue’s Personal Taxes Policy & Legislation Division
- Sarah Waters, Principal Officer, Revenue’s Accountant General’s and Strategic Planning Division