The Taxation of Capital Gains, Finance Act 2018
- Detailed commentary and analysis of the taxation of capital gains – over 500 worked examples
- Interpretation of the law as it applies to CGT by the Irish and UK Courts as reflected in published cases (including TAC Determinations)
- Analysis of group and international capital gains tax provisions
- Detailed commentary on Revenue guidance, administration of capital gains tax, computational rules and key reliefs and allowances
- New expert guidance in this edition includes entrepreneur relief, provisions of the 2014 Companies Act including mergers and divisions, and the new exit tax regime.
More on the Authors
Damian Riordan is a Tax Director with EY, a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and is a former UK Inspector of Taxes and Tax Policy Advisor. Damian specialises in the areas of corporate and international taxation with particular emphasis on group restructurings, acquisitions and disposals as well as tax dispute management and tax appeals.
Finola O’Hanlon is a solicitor, a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and an FITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). Finola is principal of O’Hanlon Tax Ltd specialising in the area of wealth management and advises on all taxes associated with retaining and passing wealth. This includes advising on the tax efficient structuring of Wills and lifetime transfers of wealth to the next generation.
Jim McCleane is a Tax Director in PwC Waterford and a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA). Jim specialises in assisting clients with tax issues affecting family businesses including reorganisations/ restructuring of the businesses and also provides advice in relation to employee tax issues, gift/inheritance tax and capital gains tax.