Tax Consultant at ifac – West of Ireland
Job posted date - 4 March 2020
Ifac is building for the future. Growing our tax service offering is a key part of our development plan. You will join a busy vibrant team at a time of major organisational change, growth and rebranding. The tax department is a team within the firm developing and implementing tax solutions for clients.
We are seeking a Tax Consultant to join our growing National Tax Department based in the west of Ireland.
What We Offer
In addition to competitive salaries and performance related bonuses, we offer flexible working arrangements, subscriptions and CPD allowances with ongoing training and support. Free Parking on site.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong academic record who is keen to progress within the firm. The successful candidate should be capable of managing client relationships and taking the initiative to project manage and complete complex client assignments. The individual should have completed the AITI tax exams and be a member of the Irish Taxation Institute. The role will give the successful candidate a great opportunity to grow professionally and personally in an exciting and dynamic business.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSupporting the local Partners in the provision of tax planning advice including and not limited to;
- Succession planning and restructurings for privately owned businesses and partnerships
- Property based transactions including the provision of VAT advice relating to such transactions
- Company incorporations and structuring
- Dealing with ad-hoc income tax, corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty queries and
- Identifying practice development initiatives.
- Implementing Tax standards across the region.
- Qualified AITI with a strong academic track record and excellent exam results
- Excellent technical expertise across all tax heads
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently to analyse and solve client issues in a proactive and practical manner with the objective of identifying the best solution
- Good commercial awareness
- Comfortable with developing and managing client relationships
- Ability to deal with multiple client issues with competing priorities at the same time
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and report writing skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Commitment to work to meet client deadlines and desire to do a great job on a daily basis.
- Willingness to travel to support the local office network.
Founded in 1975, ifac is Ireland’s market leading farming, food and agri-business specialist professional service firm. We are an award-winning employer and one of Ireland’s Top Ten Accountancy Firms operating from more than 30 locations across Ireland.
Apply in confidence with full C.V. quoting reference TAXCONSULTANT to:Head of HR, Ifac, Ifac House, Old Naas Road, Dublin 12 D12 N2X3 Tel. 01 4551036