Tax Director – PwC
Job posted: 7 December 2023
Job location: Dublin, Ireland
PwC is the market leader in Private Client tax in Ireland. Our Private tax team in Dublin consists of 5 Partners and over 60 tax experts who focus on advising private business, the owners of private businesses and high net worth individuals and families on a diverse range of tax and non tax matters.
What we do:
We provide a full range of private client and private business tax services to a broad spectrum of clients including -
- Structuring for High Net Worth Individuals
- Management Incentivisation & valuations
- Succession / estate planning
- Corporate advice
- Business owner advice
- Transaction services and M&A
What does this role offer?
- A chance to join a firm with an excellent private client base that delivers high quality advice and service to its clients
- Highly competitive remuneration package along with benefits
- Great location and office space
- Great company values, supportive culture with a strong work/life balance focus.
As a Tax Director you will lead a dynamic and diverse team of problem solvers with extensive consulting experience, contribute significantly to creating a culture of collaboration and team based learning while helping our clients solve complex personal and business issues from strategy and planning to execution.
You'll lead complex and challenging assignments while building strategic relationships with a diverse client base.
You’ll be expected to bring innovative ideas to clients while keeping abreast of the wider tax and policy landscape.
You will be market facing driving business development initiatives across all industries and sectors.
You’ll be expected to innovate to solve complex problems and collaborate to develop digital tools to help us maximize the client experience.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the success of a challenging, evolving and varied portfolio of clients.
- Responsible for driving growth via business development initiatives. A successful candidate must have a proven track record of extensive market based business development activities which enable them to build their profile in the market.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with teams across the business. An ability to bring a cross functional mindset to client issues.
- Responsible for building strong client relationships.
- Clear desire to actively build wider pwc network relationships.
- Engage in a hybrid working environment while managing client expectations, coaching and supporting others.
- A successful candidate will be responsible for contributing significantly to our team culture which is focused on collaboration, team based learning and real time feedback, support and coaching.
- Lead by example in an environment where innovative thinking, curiosity and a self-led approach to learning are at the forefront of everything we do. It is critical that you maintain relevance in the marketplace.
- Coach team members and drive the team to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic and passionate manner.
- Design and lead training initiatives for the team, promoting a culture of continuous learning.
- Lead our digital transformation strategy. Identify opportunities and lead the implementation and integration of technologies for the benefit of our clients. Digital innovation is a key part of our business and we challenge ourselves to embrace and leverage technology in how we provide solutions and advice to clients.
- Set the tone in promoting risk management and compliance procedures.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of projects including budgetary and time constraints.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and progress by seeking further opportunities with the support of Partners.
About you – Key skills and competencies:
- 8 years + CTA and / Qualified Accountant
- Senior manager/associate director/director position today
- Works in one of the following: a private client tax group or a private business tax group in a large firm, or in a specialist tax firm
- Strong technical and client relationship skills in the private client and/or private business and/or M&A space
- Currently one of the lead advisers on a portfolio of private clients/private business
- Ambitious – demonstrate strong commitment to personal self-directed learning and development, building market profile, seeking growth and progression opportunities.
- Enthusiastic team player with a passion to coach, motivate and encourage others to achieve their potential. It is important to us that you recognise and reward the contribution of others and value the diversity of our team.
- Proven ability to support the ongoing development of the team & the ability to lead our recruitment and retention strategy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. (https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do everyday. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge. (https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please click here for more information and to submit application.