William Fry Tax Traineeship
Job posted date: 25 July 2022
Job location: Dublin
With a long-standing reputation for innovative advice and superior client service, William Fry is one of Ireland’s premier law firms. William Fry partners are widely recognised as leaders in their area of expertise, and the firm is renowned for the strength and depth of its long-lasting client relationships. Our clients include leading Irish companies in all major sectors of the economy, government departments and agencies, and household names in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500.
William Fry is an exciting, challenging environment which continually provides our people with opportunities to demonstrate their shared commitment to delivering practical legal solutions for clients who demand the very best. We have over 460 people working in Dublin, Cork, London, New York, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, as well as a formal association with Tughans, Northern Ireland's largest commercial law firm.
William Fry's tax department forms part of the Taxand Group, the world's largest organisation of tax advisors to multinational businesses. The William Fry Tax department is, exclusively, Taxand Ireland. The team brings together tax lawyers, accountants and consultants in one highly innovative group. The team work with domestic and international corporations, entrepreneurs, trusts, and high net worth individuals.
The William Fry Tax Traineeship will support you to become a qualified chartered accountant and qualified tax adviser.
What we are looking for:
- Graduates from any discipline, ideally with a 2.1 degree
- A strong interest in tax and / or accountancy
- Excellent numerical skills
- The ability to work within deadlines
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to analyse and problem solve
What you will be doing:
As a Trainee in the tax department, you will gain real-life tax experience through:
- Opportunity to work with the client team on assignments from start to finish
- Access to interesting and challenging work on client files and direct communication with clients and Irish Revenue
- Attendance at client meetings and in-house training sessions
- Assisting teams preparing for client and sector specific presentations, opportunity to present at informal inhouse training sessions, and assisting teams in carrying out research for articles for publication
- Access to "buddy system" to ensure direct access to a team member at all times and one to one training provided for all aspects of daily life in William Fry Tax Advisors
How to apply
We are now accepting applications for a September 2022 start date. Please email your cv and cover letter to Lucinda.firstname.lastname@example.org