Job posted date - 14 March 2022
Job location - Dublin
Due to the strong growth experienced by the VAT department in recent years, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a VAT Manager to work in our VAT tax team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate who is keen to progress within Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. The position offers excellent prospects for progression and on-going career development. This role will involve providing VAT support to Directors and Partners on tax advisory and liaising with Irish and international clients and advising on all relevant VAT issues. To be considered for this role you will have a relevant tax, legal or accountancy qualification and a minimum of five years in a professional tax, legal or accountancy environment working within VAT.
- Working with partners and directors to develop and grow the firm's indirect tax service offering;
- Advising on tax structuring and advisory projects;
- Dealing with the Grant Thornton international network on queries arising to the Irish firm;
- Delegating work to and managing junior team members;
- Manage a wide portfolio of clients; and
- Manage budgeting and ensure targets are met.
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years' experience required as a Chartered Tax Advisor; Big 4/Top 10 firm or legal practice preferred;
- Extensive experience in advising on all aspects of VAT;
- A thorough knowledge of VAT and relevant legislation;
- Confidence in dealing with people (including clients), excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills.