VAT Director – RBK
Job posted date: 23 November 2022
Job location: Dublin
RBK is one of Irelands leading business advisory and accountancy firms. With 60 years of experience providing professional advisory services to a range of clients in the mid to large corporate market in Ireland, our extensive client base is served from offices in Dublin, Athlone and Roscommon.
This position will involve the delivery of quality VAT advice to an extensive client base across all offices of the Firm, with a primary focus on VAT Advisory & Compliance services. Reporting to Taxation Partners, duties will include inter-alia the following:
- Working closely with a varied portfolio of national and international clients.
- Provide high quality VAT Advisory and Compliance to clients and develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Participate in and bring forward business development initiatives to support the growth and development of the Tax Department and the provision of VAT service to clients.
- Play an active role in mentoring and coaching tax staff.
- Carry out technical research necessary to support client engagement.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the department which may include internal and external tax briefings and presentations.
- Assistance with the management of fee and collection targets.
- Applicants must be qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) with minimum of 5 years’ experience in VAT advisory and compliance in Practice. The ideal applicant will be currently working as a Senior Manager or Director specialising in VAT.
- Be fully aware and conversant with Irish and European VAT legislation and tax compliance obligations for clients having worked in a Tax and Accounting environment specialising in VAT.
- Experienced in providing strong client service delivery across a portfolio of businesses/clients
- Have the ability to work in a multi-Partner environment and be a team player who will liaise comfortably with other departments within the Firm, and who will be aware of opportunities for the Firm as a whole.
- Strong commercial awareness and a talent for business development through contacts, existing client work, involvement in business organisations etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.