VAT Consulting Manager – RBK
Job posted date: 29 January 2024
Job location: Ireland
We are Ireland’s largest indigenous chartered accountancy and business advisory firm with over 250 staff. For over 60 years RBK has provided a wide range of tax, audit and accounting services to domestic and overseas businesses in Ireland. We have grown to become Ireland’s largest indigenous accountancy firm with over 250 professionals and 18 Partners in 3 locations Athlone, Dublin and Roscommon.
Due to continued demand for our services, we are looking to recruit a VAT Consulting Manager.
ABOUT THE VAT TEAM
Our specialist VAT team is part of our Tax team which compromises over 30 Tax Professionals and 4 Tax Partners. Our VAT team primarily provides expert consultancy and advisory services to a variety of clients operating domestically and internationally, along with VAT compliance support. We deliver commercially focused and technical robust solutions to our extensive client base on VAT related matters covering:
- corporate restructuring and reorganisations
- mergers and acquisitions
- property disposals and purchases
- cross-border transactions
- Tax Authority interactions
Our thriving client base includes multinational and domestic groups (inbound and outbound) operating in diverse sectors including technology, med-tech, manufacturing, renewables, property and hospitality.
- Reporting to VAT Director and Tax Partners and working to develop and grow the firm's VAT service offering
- Responsible for managing responses on VAT issues across a diverse range of clients
- Working as part of the team, advising on tax structuring and advisory projects
- Management of VAT audits and related client support
- Involvement on ad hoc projects as and when VAT input is required
- Managing junior team members and their skills development through project involvement
- Keeping up to date on changes in VAT legislation, understanding and communicating impacts for clients
- Liaising with our international network in relation to cross border VAT matters
- Membership of the Irish Tax Institute
- Professional accountancy qualification is preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a professional tax / VAT environment in industry or practice
- A solid knowledge of VAT and relevant legislation
- Experience in advising on a wide range of VAT matters
- Confidence in dealing with colleagues and clients
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation package and ample career progression opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements – the ability to work at home and from our offices
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Professional Subscriptions
- Social Club
- Employee Incentive Scheme
If you are passionate about finding top talent and enjoy working on a dynamic team with varied assignments then we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in the strictest of confidence.
RBK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.