VAT Assistant Manager
Job posted date: 14 March 2022
Job location: Nationwide at our Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Longford or Kildare office
Due to the strong growth experienced by the VAT department in recent years, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a VAT Assistant Manager to work in our VAT tax team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and driven candidate who is keen to progress within Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. The position offers excellent prospects for progression and on-going career development. This role will involve providing VAT support to Managers, Directors and Partners on tax advisory and liaising with Irish and international clients and advising on all relevant VAT issues.
To be considered for this role you will have a relevant tax, legal or accountancy qualification and a minimum of three years in a professional tax, legal or accountancy environment working within VAT.
- Advising on all aspect of VAT across all industries;
- Assisting on domestic and international VAT structuring and advisory projects;
- Dealing with the Grant Thornton International network on queries arising to the Irish firm;
- Research in relation to ad hoc VAT issues; and
- Assisting on new proposals.
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years' experience required as a Chartered Tax Advisor. Big 4/Top 10 firm or legal experience preferred;
- 6 months post qualified experience in practice or industry, specialising in VAT;
- Experience in providing VAT consultancy services and a thorough knowledge of VAT and relevant legislation;
- Confidence in dealing with people (including clients), excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills;