VAT Advisory Manager
Date posted: 13 June 2019
About the job
Google's in-house tax team knows all things corporate tax. Made up of smart, perceptive Googlers with a flair for domestic, international and sales & use tax, theknowledge and expertise of this team runs deep. You have years of experience in thisfield and an extensive knowledge of those tax issues most relevant to internetcompanies. While we don't give our Googlers individual tax advice, you make it easy for Googlers to get what they need to make good tax decisions. You find ways to worksmarter by streamlining and automating our tax processes and systems, and find ways to be both innovative and compliant.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reportsto scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business, or equivalent practicalexperience.
- ITI qualification with a legal practice or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in advising on VAT and indirect tax matters.
- VAT experience in working with large cross border transactions in industry,practice or both.
- Ability to adapt to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a simple and comprehensive way tocolleagues without a tax technical background.
- Effective research, verbal and written communication skills, and customerservice skills.
- Developed technical skills.
- Work with the Senior VAT Manager to support ad hoc VAT advice to group entities as required.
- Assist with tax system setups, testing and tax determination for new Google products and services.
- Work on various VAT projects and assist with VAT audits across the EMEA region.
- Provide support and VAT expertise to the VAT compliance function to ensure compliance with regulations.
If you have relevant experience and are interested in applying for this opportunity at Google, Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.