Tax Trainee – MSD
Job posted date: 26 May 2023
Job location: Dublin
About MSD Accountants
MSD is a four-partner practice, based in north Dublin, providing a range of services including audit, accountancy, tax and advisory to a diverse and interesting client base comprising both national and international clients.
We are looking to recruit a Tax Trainee as part of our growing Tax Compliance and Tax Advisory team. The role involves working with a diverse and expanding portfolio of clients both Personal and Corporate.
This is a permanent full-time position based in our office in North Dublin. The hours of work are from Monday – Friday, 8.30.am – 5.00pm. On successful completion of probation, a hybrid model of work can be agreed for the successful candidate.
MSD is committed to equal opportunities across the firm and in the work we do.
Working as part of our Tax Compliance and Tax Advisory team on a diverse and interesting portfolio of clients which operate across a broad range of sectors.
Responsibilities of the role
- Assisting with the preparation of Corporation Tax, Income Tax, CGT and other Revenue returns and computations and submitting same to the Revenue Commissioners.
- Maintaining and monitoring and tracking of compliance lists to ensure deadlines are met.
- Dealing with queries raised by clients and Revenue.
- Assisting with research for senior tax staff involving research into technical tax issues and legislation.
- Part-qualified accountant or accounting technician looking to pursue a career in tax
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of Relate Personal Tax Manager an advantage but not essential.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Coverage of professional subscriptions.
- Car parking
- Social and Team building events.
For further information on this position please contact:
Brendan Murtagh, Partner
Ashling French, Hiring Manager
Email: email@example.com Direct Line: 01 5760 095