Tax Trainee at Hourigan Rowsome
Job posted date - 22 March 2021
Job location - Limerick
Hourigan Rowsome is a medium-sized firm of Chartered Accountants and Taxation Consultants operating in River Front, Howley’s Quay, Limerick. The partners bring together 50+ years of experience to specialise in the provision of Audit, Accountancy, Tax Consultancy and Business Advisory Services to companies, professional services, family businesses, senior executives and high net worth individuals. The firm is expanding due to continuing growth and the successful applicant will gain exposure to a variety of clients across industry, commerce and professional services both nationally and internationally.
Job Description: Tax Trainee
We are seeking to recruit a tax trainee who is interested in pursuing a career in tax advisory. This role offers the candidate an excellent opportunity to enhance your career in our growing Tax department and gain valuable experience while you continue your studies towards the AITI Tax qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will involve assisting senior tax advisors in the following:
- Income Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax, Capital Gains tax compliance
- Assisting with VAT and Corporation Tax compliance
- Preparation of various tax computations
- Completing and filing various tax returns
- Liaising with Revenue and other 3rd parties as required
- Assisting in preparation of tax consulting reports
- A degree in Accountancy/Business or related qualification
- Have strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and work to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment, have good attention to detail and be self-motivated with good initiative.
- Fluent written English due to the requirement to analyse and summaries tax legislation.
- Competitive starting salary
- Paid Study leave and exam/fees package
- In house training and mentoring by Qualified Tax Advisors at all times
- Covid-19 precautions in place restrictions in line with Government guidelines
- Interview process via Zoom
To apply, in the strictest of confidence, please forward your CV to Mike Rowsome, Hourigan Rowsome, 3rd Floor, River Front, Howley’s Quay, Limerick or by email to email@example.com