Tax Trainee at Cogent Taxation Group
Job posted date - 16 April 2021
Job location - Cork
Cogent Taxation Group Ltd are seeking to recruit a full-time tax trainee for their tax firm, based in Cork. The firm offers tax advice to private clients and accountancy firms on a national basis and is headed up by a director who has been involved in taxation for over 30 years. The successful candidate should ideally be a qualified accountant and in the process of completing the AITI tax exams. The position affords the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally in an exciting and dynamic tax business and to become part of this long-established tax firm.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Supporting tax personnel in the provision of tax compliance and consultancy advice under various tax heads in the following areas;
- Corporate restructurings for private clients
- Inheritance tax planning for private companies and individuals
- Property based transactions
- Transfer Pricing transactions and foreign based operations of Irish trading companies
- Mergers and acquisitions
- EIIS schemes and share option schemes for companies
- All compliance and consultancy queries arising from the firm’s client base.
Requirements and skills
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven academic record
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in solving issues
- Ability to deal with multiple client issues with competing priorities at the same time
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and report writing skills
- Commitment to work to meet client deadlines
Remuneration will be based upon the level of qualifications and experience of the successful candidate in line with expected remuneration levels for such a role nationally and a bonus driven incentive package in completing out assignments.
Applications should be submitted for the attention of Sally Anne McCarthy – e mail email@example.com on or before the 30th of April 2021. Interviews will be conducted initially over Microsoft Teams with final interviews conducted in person at the offices of the firm in Cork.