Job posted date: 24 January 2022
Job location: Dublin
About J. Meade & Company
J. Meade & Company is a boutique audit, tax and advisory firm specialising in audit and assurance, taxation, business advisory and corporate finance. We advise a wide range of high-net-worth individuals, domestic and international businesses, multinationals and both domestic and foreign investors. We are the Irish member firm of EAI International, an international network of over150 professional firms in 65 different countries. The firm is a dynamic and fast-growing practice and due to our expanding client base, we are seeking to recruit a Tax Trainee.
We are seeking to recruit a Tax Trainee for our tax team. Reporting directly to the tax manager, the role will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work with an ambitious firm of accountants and tax advisors providing tax compliance and planning services to high net worth individuals and partnerships, privately owned businesses/groups and multinationals across a wide range of business sectors including retail and distribution, steel stockholding, pharmaceuticals, software and e-commerce, transport and logistics to name but a few. The firm dynamic provides the candidate with the opportunity of a flexible work/life balance with a challenging and rewarding client base.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in managing the tax compliance division of the practice for both personal taxes and corporate taxes and ensure that all the firm’s clients meet their filing requirements;
- Prepare and submit tax returns under all tax heads;
- Support the staff in respect of general tax queries arising from the preparation of returns or technical tax memoranda to support the client’s filing position;
- Assisting the tax manager with tax planning assignments including international tax planning, succession planning, group restructures and amalgamations, mergers and acquisitions and Revenue audits and interventions;
- Liaising with the Revenue Commissioners on compliance matters;
- Assisting with ad hoc consultancy assignments.
As you progress through your training contract you will gain more responsibility for elements of each assignment which will lead towards liaising directly with clients and supporting new trainees.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate should possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Part qualified tax consultant (AITI or CTA) an advantage
- Income tax and corporation tax experience
- An excellent academic recordExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work towards deadlines
- Ambitious with a willingness to learn and work hard
We offer competitive packages to all trainees depending on qualifications, academic record and experience. Our package includes course fees, annual subscriptions and paid study leave.
Contact Details and Start Date
It is intended that the successful candidate will start immediately. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your full curriculum vitae to email@example.com with a short coverletter or alternatively you can write to us at J. Meade & Co., 15 Main Street, Raheny, Dublin 5.