Tax Technology Role at Grant Thornton
Job posted date:
14 January 2022
We are looking to recruit IT professionals at various grades for our Tax Technology team. This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious and driven candidates to be part of a successful and growing team. The position offers excellent prospects for progression and on-going career development. You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete tax technology engagements.
Our services are different from other tax advisory services and typical assignments that you may be involved with include:
- Workflow & information management – setting up processes and technology tools to provide greater control over tax deadlines and tax risks in a more efficient manner.
- Process management solutions - implementing software solutions along with process and controls re-design that support automation of effective tax compliance and reporting processes.
- Tax management consultancy – working with clients to provide support defining and implementing compliance, insight and process management solutions.
- Data analysis – improving the quality of data received by the tax function and implementing software tools to make the processing and reporting of tax data more efficient.
- Insourcing/Outsourcing – developing models for all or portions of the tax compliance and reporting needs of a client
The work requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses, so you’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of finance or tax performance improvement methodologies.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Drive and embed tax compliance performance improvement
- Drive efficiencies through automation and enablement of technology
- Assist in the development of tax technology plans with goals, build and deployment strategies and performance measurements for our clients
- Manage a variety of client projects, from working on tax operating model design to deploying the latest AI/RPA tools for client tax processes
- Work as part of a team in embedding and sustaining tax data quality standards to enhance tax processes, operations and effectiveness
- Enhancing tax governance and control through content management solutions, workflow technologies and document management
Experience of any of the following is beneficial but not essential
- Self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills
- Ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team;
- Experience or keen interest in the development and/or implementation of technology solutions
- Experience or a keen interest workflow and process improvement
- Third level qualification in technology, science, engineering, finance, economics, or related discipline
- Microsoft technology stack – one or more of the following
- SQL server
- Power Apps
- Power Automate
- Power BI
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – Automation Anywhere or similar
- Business analysis skills
- Project management skills
- Data analytics skills
- Programming language – Python, C#, Java, Visual Basic