Tax Technician at Mazars Ireland
Job posted date - 26 July 2021
Job location - Dublin
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and Consulting. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Are you looking to broaden your tax experience while working in a supportive and collaborative team environment?
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Tax Technician or an Accounting Technician with significant tax experience to work in our Corporation Tax department. Primarily, the role will concentrate on Corporation Tax compliance but also provides the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills in the delivery of quality taxation solutions and advice to an extensive client base across all tax heads.
If you have an Accounting Technician /Tax Technician Qualification and possess at least 1-2 years experience working in Tax in Industry or in Practice, come talk to us about this exciting opportunity to further develop your career.
- Assisting the management team in maintaining and developing the firm’s relationship with a portfolio of clients including co-ordination of service offerings from other departments
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for a portfolio of corporate and income tax clients
- Acting as a key member of an integrated client service team working on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory projects
- Contributing towards collective (departmental) targets for billing, net fee income and cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Involvement in peer wide training
- Involvement in business development and marketing initiatives
- Accounting/Tax Technician with 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Confident in managing your time and workload effectively to deliver on deadlines
- Communicate clearly and credibly to your audience, ask meaningful questions, active listening and interpretation, effective written communication, confident telephone manner
- Effectively collaborate with others, demonstrate commitment and participation to your team, understand your team role and responsibilities, act as role model to other team members
- Ensure outstanding client service is at the centre of everything you do. Respect client confidentiality
- As you will be an advisor to the client, there is an expectation that you build rapport with clients and maintain good working relationships
- Adequate preparation for client meetings. Understand the client organisation, its needs and its environment.
- Manage your part of a client engagement/assignment to effective completion. Respond to client needs in a timely manner
How to Apply
To apply, please click here and upload your CV.