Job posted date
- 22 June 2022
- Cork, Ireland
- Work with external consultants to support filing of annual Corporation Tax return and preliminary tax payments. Calculation and posting of monthly, corporation & deferred tax provisions.
- Preparation and filing of Indirect tax returns in multiple countries (VAT, VIES, Intrastat, Annual Return of Trading details returns) liaising with Group Tax Department and external consultants.
- Maintain tax compliance calendar, ensuring timely completion of all scheduled items including tax return filings and payments across all tax heads.
- Ensure timely submission of tax and statistical returns e.g. annual CbCR notification, BOP40 return, CSO submissions.
- Completion of Group compliance submissions e.g. Cross Border Tovs (Transfer of Value), compliance assessment (financial, sanctioned countries, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering.
- Assist with maintenance of company tax policy, control framework for tax risks, working with finance colleagues to strengthen the controls framework, ensuring compliance and minimizing risks.
- Assist with the Company’s transfer pricing compliance including review of intercompany agreements, invoices and ensuring that suitable supporting documentation is in place.
- Maintaining appropriate supporting documents for tax returns in accordance with local rules and ensuring that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit.
- Assist with engagements with tax authorities, including on expanding governance expectations.
- Support queries from business colleagues, to ensure new business flows are compliant with tax legislation e.g. VAT implications of supply chain operations.
- Build close relationships with Group Tax Department, to enable prompt support for all queries and alignment with Group tax policy.
- Support financial year end audit-related activities as required.
- Keep up-to-date with current tax requirements and develop an awareness of changes in relevant tax law and practices and communicate their impact on the business.
Education & Qualifications/Experience:
- Qualified Tax Accountant or part qualified Tax Accountant with professional qualification and relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years PQE working in a Tax or Finance Department (either at an accountancy firm or in-house).
- Excellent computer knowledge: strong excel skills are essential including experience working with large volumes of data.
- Excellent team player.
- Conscientiousness regarding their work and a willingness to take full ownership of their areas of work.
- Strong problem solving skills combined with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst also demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
- Fluent English essential.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Relevant Tax qualification
- Relevant Accounting qualification desirable
- Experience with the full range of Tax Heads desirable
- Experience within an international working environment desirable
To apply for this role please use this link to upload your CV: