Tax Solutions Centre Senior Manager – Dublin
Job posted date: 26 January 2024
Job location: Dublin
The Tax Solutions Centre (‘TSC’) is PwC Ireland’s centre of excellence in relation to all corporate tax technical matters arising within the firm and the central repository for corporate tax knowledge. The TSC is an innovation hub responsible for identifying and developing new approaches to current and emerging tax issues.
What we do:
Our team of over 10 people from diverse backgrounds work together to support our colleagues across our three core corporate tax channels - Domestic and International Outbound, Financial Services and Foreign Direct Investment - in advising clients on key corporate tax developments and delivering solutions to address complex technical matters. We work with client teams across a very broad range of sectors including the digital, pharmaceutical, retail, manufacturing, asset management, banking, aviation, construction and real estate space.
What does this role offer?
As a Tax Senior Manager working as part of the team in the TSC, this role will:
- Enable you to develop and enhance your personal brand within the tax practice and beyond;
- Provide you with the opportunity to work on the “cutting edge” corporate tax developments which are driving business across the tax practice;
- Allow you access to work as part of a team on exciting corporate tax assignments for a wide range of blue-chip clients of the firm;
- Allow you to broaden your experience by gaining insights into the tax matters affecting our clients;
- Allow you to attend conferences and seminars on areas relevant to the tax practice;
- Provide you with access to a wide range of partners and directors across the tax practice
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Play a key role in knowledge management and knowledge sharing across the tax practice:
- keep the tax practice appraised of relevant corporate tax developments at both a domestic and international level, including legislative and case law developments
- liaise with client teams on topical matters and manage the preparation of news alerts and updates for circulation within the tax practice
- work with the knowledge managers across the PwC network to develop new strategies and improve efficiencies
- assist with the delivery of training to the tax practice on topical technical matters
- Work with the TSC team to deal with complex corporate tax queries arising across the tax practice and to develop solutions to address the circumstances of client cases;
- Assist with the drafting of tax technical papers and other materials including template wordings for use by client teams in advices given;
- Provide input into articles written by the TSC for the Irish Tax Review / other relevant publications and content for the PwC Ireland Website;
- Assist teams with submissions (e.g. Department of Finance consultation responses and TALC submissions).
About you - Key skills and competencies:
- AITI / CTA qualified;
- At least three years post-qualification experience;
- Strong tax knowledge and technical skills;
- Willingness and desire to take ownership and responsibility;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take direction;
- Good organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to prioritise and to deliver within tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Being an independent thinker and having a curious mind would be viewed positively.
Unlock your potential with PwC Ireland
We believe that challenges are better solved together. We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams encouraged to collaborate and innovate in a way that creates powerful solutions and makes a positive impact. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development and encouragement, will help unlock your potential and take your career to the next level.
Enjoy PwC’s perks
We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive employee benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at Life@PwC. (https://www.pwc.ie/careers-ie/life-at-pwc.html).
Being appreciated for being you
Our most valuable asset is our people and we recognise you for it - ensuring you feel like you belong and that you are valued and rewarded for the great work you do everyday. PwC is an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us.
We believe this so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Inclusive Workplace Elevate Pledge.(https://www.bitc.ie/the-leaders-group-on-sustainability/inclusive-workplace-pledge/)
Our Inclusion First strategy puts inclusion at the heart of our culture - supporting an environment where individuality is embraced, diversity is celebrated and inclusion is valued. Check out our culture of belonging and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more at www.pwc.ie.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply, we’d love to hear from you!
We will ensure that everyone is supported throughout and, if required, provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.