Tax/Social Security Research Consultant
Job posted date: 18 November 2021
Job location: Dublin
Excellent opportunity for an experienced tax professional to join a growing a business traveller technology company.
Flexible remote working position to suit the modern post Covid environment.
Global Tracker offers companies a technological solution to manage the compliance risks associated with business travellers.
Business Travel is becoming more complex. Global Regulatory Authorities are taking a much closer look at Business Travel for the compliance issues they create with frequent business travel.
New Global tax legislation means companies nowadays need to know not only where their business travellers are - but also to know what they are doing in that jurisdiction.
We help with that - by counting the accumulated days each traveller spends in each location and applying our extensive rules engine to keep companies ahead of the compliance curve.
Tax/Social Security Research Consultant (min. 3 yrs PQE)
- Serving as a Subject matter expert to clients to address queries raised.
- Reviewing and interpreting global tax legislation and policy across various compliance issues (corporate tax, US state tax, payroll, PE, residency) to create and modify the tax rules database.
- Reviewing and interpreting global social security legislation and policy to create and modify the Social Security rules database. Responsible for maintaining the social security forms database.
- Constructing logical equations to reflect taxation environment (calendar_year > 30 – alert)
- As and when required, liaise with subject matter experts to gain technical knowledge and expertise
- Manage and review the Research team’s documents to ensure weekly targets are met
- Deliver on a weekly basis appropriate, precise and validated documents to Senior Director of Research
- Complete updates and audits of the research database ensuring Quality Assurance (QA) is met at all times
- Assist in the production of data to the highest standards and sometimes within strict deadlines
- Source background material and validate to update database
- Work in accordance with procedures, identify changes resulting from system or client service amendments and proactively provide feedback on enhancements to procedures and working practices;
- Assist with database issues which require immediate action and liaise with colleagues to assist with the resolution of issues;
- Deal effectively and courteously with all requests
- Ensure documentation and resource material is maintained to the highest standard
- Provide direction and guidance to develop solutions for global tax and social security issues
- Attend web broadcast calls/meetings from time to time as required
- Collaborate with the Client Development team to support client contractual obligations and ensure client satisfaction with Global Tracker
- Identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement
- Demonstrate speed, agility, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills in their work
- Identifying and driving initiatives to create efficiencies in the research process
- Proven ability to work autonomously
Skills and experience required
- You hold a related degree and/or are AITI / CTA qualified (or equivalent)
- A detailed knowledge of international tax/social security issues for business travellers/remote workers
- You have managerial experience or experience managing personnel, projects and deadlines
- You will have experience preparing social security applications on a European/global basis
- An excellent level of IT literacy with a track record of using MS Office particularly excel
- You will have a minimum of 3 year post qualification experience ideally from Big 4/10 firm having worked in a tax team with client facing experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of logical equations
- Ability to research and create a database of credible and reliable resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take the initiative, work with limited supervision
- Willingness to adapt to varying and changing demands
- Publish industry topics of interest in relevant media
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for a technology start up
- Full time or part time hours (several roles available)
- Flexible remote working
If this role is of interest to you send your CV through to Jeanette Ryan email@example.com.