Tax Senior Vacancy
Job posted date: 26 July 2022
Job location: Cork
|Reports To: Tax Manager||Department: Tax|
|Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Mon to Thurs & 8.30am to 2.30pm on Fridays (flexible start and finish time)||Salary: Negotiable, DOE|
|Contract Type: Permanent||Applications: Please email your application to Jacky Kavanagh – firstname.lastname@example.org|
DBASS are an established 3 partner chartered accountancy firm based in Ashbourne, Co Meath. With an impressive database of clients, DBASS has been providing quality chartered accountancy services for over 30 years. Our offices are less than 10 minutes from M50 with a broad range of clients both in terms of audit, non-audit, sole trader etc. and in terms of industry/sector type.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing the operation of the income tax section of the tax department – liaising with clients, managing a team of trainees, reporting directly to the tax manager.
- Reviewing of income tax returns and other assignments prepared by trainees.
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for income tax clients
- Liaising with clients and advising on all relevant tax issues
- Researching and resolving technical issues throughout the compliance process
- Research and remain up to date with relevant changes within the tax sector.
- Liaising with Partners, Managers as well as other professionals within the firm
- Assisting colleagues with tax queries relating to mutual Clients
- Development of practice proficiency in Tax and specifically Corporation Tax, Payroll Advice and Revenue Audit.
- Acting as a key member on a wide range of assignments including tax advisory and tax planning projects
- Assisting with specific consultancy assignments in all areas of tax, to include, Corporation Tax, Income Tax, CGT, CAT and VAT
- Preparation of consultancy assignment reports
- Liaising with Revenue on clients’ behalf and assisting with Revenue queries
- Management and development of more junior staff
- Meeting potential new clients;
- Assisting the partners with devising marketing strategies;
|Qualifications & Experience:||Technical Expertise:|
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes to be successful in this busy role:
- Highly organised
- Has experience in dealing with trainees on a regular basis
- Strong communication skills
- Strong initiative
- Confident in their own abilities
- Calm and resilient