Tax Senior at PKF O’Connor, Leddy & Holmes Limited – South Dublin
Location - South Dublin
Job posted date - 5 March 2020
Our firm, PKF O’Connor, Leddy & Holmes Limited, currently has a vacancy for a Tax Senior. We service a broad range of domestic and international clients of all sizes. We have ambitious plans to significantly grow our business and expand our service offerings in Ireland over the next three years and are looking for high achieving candidates who share our vision to progress their careers with our firm. Located in Harold’s Cross in south Dublin our office is easily accessible by bus, car or on foot. We specialise in training staff from small and medium sized firms and progressing them through our expert training and advancement programme.
The Job: Key Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to members of the senior tax management group and tax partners
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of tax returns in relation to Income tax, Capital Gains Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax and Corporation Tax.
- Preparation of VAT returns and RCT reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Supervision, development and mentoring of tax trainees
- Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients
- Liaising with other departments to plan and provide professional tax advice
- Assisting in the preparation of high-level tax consulting reports.
- Researching technical tax issues and legislation.
- Liaising with Revenue or other 3rd parties as required.
The Fit: Qualifications
- You are recently AITI qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience in Alphatax desirable but not essential
- You have a strong academic background.
- You have at least 2-3 years taxation experience, with a minimum of six months PQE
- You have worked in a tax team with client facing experience.
- You are organised, a self-starter and an enthusiastic team player.
- You want to continue to enhance your technical knowledge.
- You are commercially minded
The Experience: (desirable but not essential)
Ideally you will have experience with filing and processing VAT & CT returns. You will also have experience with VAT on property, transaction and Capital Acquisition tax.
What can PKF offer you?
- Competitive starting salary
- In-house training
- Mentoring system, continual assessment and feedback
- Active social club
- Career ladder
- Association with PKF International Network with offices in over 125 countries
The Salary: Salary is based on experience and negotiable. It will be paid in line with market rates.
How to apply: Can you please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org