Tax Senior Analyst/Manager
Job posted date: 12 April 2023
Job location: Dublin
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 125+ million family trees, and 22+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives.
We are committed to our location flexible work approach, allowing you to work from where you want — in an office or from home or a hybrid of both (subject to location restrictions and roles that are required to be in the office). We will continue to hire and promote beyond the boundaries of our office locations, to enable broadened possibilities for employee diversity.
Together, we work every day to foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse, and where our people can be themselves. Every idea and perspective is valued so that our products and services reflect the global and diverse clients we serve.
Ancestry encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? Join the curious.
We are looking for an experienced tax professional to join our International HQ in Dublin. This is a 12 month maternity cover fixed-term contract. You will report to the tax manager in Ireland, and work with our international finance department. You will assist with tax compliance outside of the US. We offer remote working but you must be a resident in Ireland.
What you will do
- You will review various tax returns and tax computations
- You'll manage quarterly tax bookings in multiple jurisdictions
- Provide support and tax technical advice to business divisions and management
- Help prepare tax comps and tax notes for financial statements of international entities
- Assist the Tax Manager with transfer pricing documentation and compliance
- Help prepare quarterly current and deferred tax provisions
- Keep up to date with current tax legal and regulatory requirements
- Help with Group projects, including potential M&A activity, new transactions within our existing business and tax reviews of ongoing business activities
- Advise on tax audits/queries from tax authorities
Who you are
- You're a qualified Taxation and Accounting professional
- You have experience with both direct and indirect taxes
- Big 4 experience helpful
- You're a self-starter who excels both independently and as part of a team
- You have solid accounting and technical skills
- You have strong Excel skills
Ancestry offers a great compensation package with benefits including flexible working, pension, optional health & dental cover, monthly wellness bonus and 25 days annual leave plus Christmas off.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.