Tax role at KSi Faulkner Orr
Job Posted Date: 26 February 2021
Job Location: Dublin
KSi Faulkner Orr is looking to hire an individual to join our busy tax department.
The ideal candidate is some suited to working flexible, reduced hours while also supporting on-the-job training / education of colleagues looking to improve their knowledge of the Irish Taxation System.
Skills and Qualifications
- Preferably 5 + years post qualification experience in Tax practice covering all tax heads.
- Preferably ITI qualified.
- Working with a busy Tax team and readily available for case discussions with members of the team.
- Flexible working arrangements – home / remotely, full-time / part-time
- Work under their own initiative and provide input to staff and Partners as required.
- Explain tax matters in an easy to understand manner to clients, staff and Partners
- The right person will be approachable and prepared to help train / educate and mentor on a person to person basis.
- An understanding of CTpro or a similar system.
- Knowledge of accounts preparation and interaction with CT returns a bonus
- Review and submission of the more complex tax returns and advising on some matters in routine returns.
- Assisting in the monitoring of filing and payment deadlines.
- Liaising with Revenue on Audits, Appeals, Compliance Checks, International tax registrations etc.
- Provide training to Audit & Accounts department staff, Partners and selected Tax staff on best procedures / practices and on preparing Adjusted Profit computations, Tax computations, Forms CT1 and Forms 46G.
- An understanding of the Irish VAT system.
- Reviewing periodic VAT returns.
- Assisting in the monitoring of deadlines.
- Address client and staff/Partners VAT queries.
- Ensuring VAT clients and staff are accounting for / operating VAT correctly.
- VAT registrations, VIES, Intrastat.
- Training selected staff in best practice for preparing VAT3s, RTDs and other returns.
- Assist with other tax heads as required.
- Cover holiday / study leave as required