Tax Manager/ Tax Senior
Job posted date - 9 July 2021
Job location - Dublin (George’s Quay or Merrion Street offices or Remote)
Purpose of Role
As a Tax Manager or Tax Senior, the successful individual will seek solutions to technical issues and demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant work areas, and should know when to seek advice from the senior manager. The role will see the individual involved in both direct and indirect tax compliance aspects as well as advisory work, and they will have a responsibility of managing their portfolio of clients whilst working alongside other team members on larger and more complex assignments.
As a Tax Manager/ Tax Senior you shall form part of growing tax compliance and advisory team and shall have responsibility for managing and reviewing work performed by a pool of supporting team members from our shared service centre and local accounting team.
- Active involvement in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and overseeing their compliance requirements.
- Review tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensures the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
- Ensuring that the payment and return filing deadlines are met for your client portfolio.
- Ensuring compliance with internal procedures including the completion of client take-on and keeps senior management informed of progress on each job.
- Contribute towards targets for billing as well as personal and firm-wide goals.
- Work with the senior management team on advising clients on potential structures suitable for their business.
- Involvement in peer wide training.
- Participate in business development opportunity and work with senior management to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally.
- Responsibility for staff development and reviewing procedures.
Attributes/ Technical Skills
- Strong technical tax knowledge.
- Capable of working on your own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
- At least 3 years' experience of working in a tax department.
- Related specialism experience.
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients.
Education and Professional Qualification
- The successful applicant should be AITI/ CTA qualified.
Join us. At Vistra there is a world of opportunities for you and our clients. Help us deliver consistent greatness in every touchpoint – wherever and whenever people meet us. Grow fast, build relationships, and gain exposure; your focus from the get-go will be focusing both locally & internationally. Enjoy winning with equally passionate learners and solving challenges for our global and complex clients. Together, we constantly want to raise the bar– making everyone better.
- Exciting and varied work
- An environment that is open and collaborative
- An opportunity for you to carve a career out for yourself in a business that is growing rapidly!
- Open door policy with Senior Stakeholders all hungry to drive improvements
- Competitive benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities
Click here to submit your application for this role