Tax Manager – Limerick
Job posted date: 5 April 2023
Job location: Limerick
Mazars is a leading professional services firm in Ireland with ambitious growth plans and over 600 staff based in Dublin, Galway and Limerick. As an internationally integrated partnership, we operate in over 95 countries and territories around the world and draw on the expertise of over 47,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a Manager to work in our Corporate Tax Group. The candidate will work closely with the Partners and management team and will be required to work on a large portfolio of owner managed businesses many of which have an international focus. The candidate will be required to work with clients from a range of industries (technology, R&D, manufacturing, distribution). This position will suit an ambitious individual with experience in the provision of practical and innovative tax-based business solutions.
- Assisting the management team in maintaining and developing the firm’s relationship with a portfolio of clients including co-ordination of service offerings from other department.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns including drafting client communication
- Assisting with Income Tax, VAT, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax & Capital Acquisitions Tax compliance
- Advising team members on technical tax issues and legislation.
- Maintaining and monitoring compliance lists to ensure deadlines are met
- Assisting colleagues within the Firm with tax queries.
- Involved in other ad-hoc tax related duties as required.
- Engaging and liaising with the Revenue Commissioners or other 3rd parties as required on behalf of clients.
- Working with the Partners on advising clients on potential structures suitable for their business, transfer pricing and profit repatriations
- Contributing towards collective (departmental) targets for billing, net fee income and cash collection as well as personal and firm-wide goals
- Involvement in the delivery of training to colleagues on trainee contracts and more junior staff
- Involvement in business development and marketing initiatives
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all areas of accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships, companies to partner review stage.
- Preparation of draft tax returns for review, preparation of statutory returns for review
- Assisting partners on projects/client assignments
- Provide support to trainees for their professional training and technical development
- The ability to deal internally with all departments involved in your particular cases i.e. audit, tax or advisory to ensure efficiencies
- Other ad hoc duties
- Proactive role in the approach to client service, team and other members
- Good communication style
Skills and experience
- AITI qualified and/or a qualified accountant with 2/3 years post qualification experience, preferably from a top 20 firm
- Currently working as an Assistant Manager or Manager in a practice environment
- Experience of working in tax compliance and on tax consultancy assignments
- Experience of working with Irish and International clients in providing innovative tax solutions
- Experience of operational supervision of assignments and managing of client relationships
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organisational and planning capabilities
- Very strong technical background
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
Click on this link to apply.
Mazars is an Equal Opportunities Employer
In applying for a role with us, you consent that Mazars will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
Mazars endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, at times when we do need to engage with agencies, Mazars operates within a preferred supplier list (PSL) and only work and partner with recruitment suppliers where our agreed contractual terms are in place. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for payment of introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.