Tax Manager at ERVIA
Tax Location: Dublin/Cork
Job posted date: 10 September 2020
Role: Tax Manager
Area: Business Services
Sub-Area: Finance Business Operations
Duration: Specific Purpose
Ervia is a commercial semi-state company which provides strategic national gas and water infrastructure and services in Ireland through our regulated businesses, Gas Networks Ireland and Irish Water. Ervia directly employs over 1,600 people who deliver services to 1.6 million customers daily. Our infrastructure supports economic and social development, protects the environment and enhances the health and quality of life of the Irish people. Ervia is currently undergoing an organisational transformation to centralise the IT, HR, Finance and Supply Chain functions through the formation of an Ervia Business Services model. This will create synergies and a ‘one team’ Ervia culture. Ervia’s Business Services organisation will define, maintain, and operate end-to-end customer focused IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain capabilities and processes in support of the overall Ervia strategic priorities.
The Tax Manager is responsible for tax compliance, strategy and planning across the organisation in particular identifying key taxation issues, taking appropriate action to minimise taxation exposures.
Reporting into the Head of Finance Business Operations, the Tax Manager will also have responsibility for promoting increased awareness of taxation risks and opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a driving force to ensure the development and implementation of best practice taxation processes and systems.
- Ensure there is robust, structured tax process with appropriate financial controls to ensure tax compliance with applicable laws.
- Ensure that all tax activities are completed in line with the wider Finance strategy.
- Ensure that tax authority deadlines and requirements are achieved, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manage external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally.
- Promote an increased awareness of taxation risks, threats and opportunities across the Ervia organisation.
- Identify key taxation issues that arise within the organisation ensure appropriate actions are taken or controls are in place to minimise taxation exposures / risks and maximise returns.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the tax team.
- Drive the delivery of tax projections / forecasts for budgets and business plans.
- Provide appropriate support / advisory / training to all areas of the Business on tax related matters, including advising on tax implications of all contractual positions, researching and resolving technical queries from the Business Units, carrying out periodic reviews, and advising of any updates in new tax legislation.
- Provide advice on a wide range of projects and planning opportunities to optimize the tax position of the Group.
- Collaborate with the Business Partners, Business Services and Group to deliver tax activity and to streamline process efficiently and effectively across the business.
- Ensure compliance with any KPI’s or SLA’s identified for the tax team.
- Ensure that the tax team is the centre of excellence for technical taxation matters.
- Ensure that necessary information for inclusion in statutory reporting is available and provide tax audit support for the wider Finance organisation.
- Manage business stakeholders, participate in relevant meetings and develop strong working relationships with Finance customers.
- Lead staff and drive a ‘one team’ culture.
- Act as point of escalation for queries for the team. Skilfully and proactively address conflict within own team and in cross-functional projects.
- Manage, coach, develop and motivate the tax team.
- Perform other duties as required from time to time.
- Relevant third level degree and at least 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Irish and UK tax legislation and experience of dealing with the Irish and UK tax authorities.
- Have strong exposure to all areas of taxation including RCT, CT, VAT, WHT, PSWT, PAYE etc.
- Professional qualification in Tax with associated current membership. Recognised accounting qualification ( ACA; ACMA; ACCA), or equivalent together with associated current membership
- Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and projects.
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes and drive high performance
- Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders both internally to the organisation and externally with suppliers/vendors with excellent influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with the ability to convey messages in a clear and sufficient manner.
- Team leadership and development.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 24th September 2020
Applications, including a current Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to: email@example.com
*Please include the Reference Number for this Role when making an application*