Tax Manager at Axis Capital
Location : Dublin
Job posted date : 19 May 2020
Job Description Summary
This is an opportunity to work in a large international financial services company with the opportunity to gain valued experience in a specialist industry. Working as part of the tax team, you will be a core member of the finance team globally.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to develop both direct and indirect experience in an international financial services company.
Primary Location : Dublin
Time : Full Time
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Tax Manager, as part of the AXIS Global Tax team, is responsible for tax reporting and compliance management in the EMEA jurisdictions in which AXIS operates.
The Tax Department operates within a co-source model that works with tax professional service and finance business partnering firms to assist in the preparation and management of tax activities.
Working with the Tax Lead EMEA and other tax personnel, the Tax Manager is responsible for assisting with managing the tax including managing indirect compliance and assisting with direct tax compliance and quarterly provisioning.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tax Compliance/Reporting including liaising with third party outsource provider and other AXIS departments including Finance, HR etc. to gather necessary data.
- Support the preparation of quarterly provisioning/budget calculations for US GAAP reporting.
- Responsibility for ensuring the indirect tax returns and payment compliance for Irish entities and respective branches. The successful candidate will perform reviews of the work being completed by finance teams in India, including providing resolution to queries and escalations, as well as providing excellent customer service to AXIS business units across the globe.
- Manage the withholding taxes exposure on investments/premiums by ensuring all documentation in place (residency certs/FATCA etc.)
- Researching and advising in relation to insurance premium tax issues for the underwriting/operations teams.
- Provide all necessary assistance in relation to any project work that may arise in the year (including merger, withholding tax & financing).
- Contributing to on-going training for other departments in relation to tax matters.
- Build and maintain tax relationships with internal departments (i.e. Finance, Legal, HR, Underwriting and Operations).
- Documentation and maintenance of the tax procedures of all business units including documenting and developing necessary processes for the group.
- Engagement with Finance/Tax teams in India, review output of tax team and ensure documentation and standards are maintained.
- Assist EU AP oversight and Intercompany Settlement management as well as vendor management oversight and approvals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Accountant CTA/ACA.
- Significant tax experience within the International Re(insurance) industry, preferable but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Hyperion Smartview and Oracle experience is beneficial.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize workload
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- International travel may be required.
Applications to: Gary Pankhurst - email@example.com