Tax Manager – AerCap
Job location: Shannon, Ireland
Reports to: Vice President, Tax
The Tax Manager position is a permanent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Group's compliance and reporting including the preparation of current and deferred tax workings under US GAAP and FRS 101/ 102 for provisioning purposes. The Tax Manager will also have responsibility for the preparation and submission of Irish corporation tax computations, returns and associated disclosures to the Revenue Commissioners.
AerCap is the global leader in aviation leasing with one of the most attractive order books in the industry. AerCap serves approximately 300 customers around the world with comprehensive fleet solutions. AerCap is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (AER) and is based in Dublin with offices in Shannon, Miami, Singapore, Memphis, Amsterdam, Shanghai, Dubai, Seattle, Toulouse and other locations around the world.
Reporting to the Vice President of Tax, the main responsibilities associated with this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and review corporate tax provision and returns for AerCap group entities and managed entities across multiple jurisdictions with particular focus on Ireland and the Netherlands.
- Identify tax efficiencies and planning opportunities and work on implementing same.
- Review and submit VAT filings across multiple jurisdictions and maintenance of AerCap's VAT groups.
- Point of contact for all indirect tax queries for both internal departments and external parties.
- Liaise with global Revenue authorities on audits/desk queries across all tax heads, in particular Irish VAT queries.
- Work with the wider Finance team in AerCap with respect to projects and queries.
- Work with the Company Secretary team to assist with group rationalization.
- Liaise with external advisors in managing certain foreign tax compliance and reporting obligations.
- Assist with certain lessee tax requirements e.g., beneficial ownership documents, treaty applications etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, and COMPETENCIES
- The Tax Manager should have between 3 and 5 years' experience in taxation, preferably within industry/financial services or big four firm.
- The candidate should be AITI and/or ACAiACCA qualified
- Strong understanding of current and deferred tax and indirect taxes.
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organised, diligent and detail orientated.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of information systems and in particular Revenues Online Services (ROS) and Alpha Tax.
- Ability to manage inter-departmental relationships across AerCap's global offices.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Hard working team player, flexible and able to perform under pressure.
- Ability to act on own initiative, take responsibility, motivate and lead others effectively.
- Strong communicator who can deal effectively with people from a finance and non-finance background.
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Challenging job in a dynamic business environment.
- Interesting colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world.
- An opportunity to become part of the dynamic world of aircraft finance with the largest aircraft lessor in the world.
- An attractive employment package with a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference number ITI003-Manager, Tax.