Date Posted: 07 November 2019
This Tax Manager role will provide a platform for anyone seeking to broaden their overall managerial, knowledge and skills within a busy, dynamic and growing tax department. The job holder will work with senior team members across the practice to develop tax structures for clients.
crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 Firms in Ireland. The firm currently has 14 Partners and over 110 staff.
The job holder leads the delivery of Tax assignments and the delivery of high-quality assignments across multiple tax heads and consulting assignments, within the required timescales. The post holder will lead supervisors, seniors and tax trainees on assignments. This role is part of the management team in the Crowe career framework. It is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their career in Practice.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Project manage the delivery of a broad cross sector of assignments and supervise the junior team members as required.
- Oversee and take responsibility for assignment scheduling, planning, staffing and structure.
- Oversee assignments and contribute to the planning and staffing requirements as required. Ensure staff are adequately briefed in advance on the specific tasks and goals of each assignment.
- Participate and assist when required with tenders and / or fee quotes.
- Project lead the provision of advice to clients on tax planning opportunities and work with partners in a variety of consultancy projects.
- Manage multiple tax assignments concurrently and ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources at all times. Seek guidance from immediate manager as required.
- Proactively liaise and build effective working relationships with firm staff in all disciplines (Audit, Company Secretarial etc.) to facilitate and support the Tax Department.
- Manage client relationships. Contact, liaise and foster business relationship that develops the client portfolio further.
- Manage the delivery of assignments to a high standard of quality, while adhering to allotted timescales, budgets and resource allocation and presenting the assignment for completion to Partner. Ensure all assignments have clear supporting rationale.
- Proactively pitch for new business and drive growth of the firm.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the Firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision, ensure the training needs and on-the-job training are met. Mentor junior staff allocated to assignments and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:-
- A qualification as a Tax Consultant (AITI CTC) is essential and Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) is desirable.
- PQE 4 plus years.
- Demonstrable understanding of multiple tax heads and awareness of topical issues
- Strong technical competence.
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed Project Management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- People Leadership: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships & keen to develop career into a more senior management role. Proven experience in supervising trainee accountants.
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, meeting deadlines and producing results. A proven decision maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense
- Client Leadership: Displays confidentiality, confidence, agility and affinity with client and sector specialisms.
- Business Development: A strategic thinker, takes ownership of learning, empathy with client needs, seeks way to improve. Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in this sector.
Please forward CV’s to email@example.com