Job posted date: 17 November
With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
We are seeking an analytical, strategic, and highly motivated Tax Manager to join our Tax team. The Tax Manager will be responsible for all tax heads (excluding payroll) for Lidl Ireland and Lidl Northern Ireland, as well as being the key contact person for international stakeholders. We are looking for someone who can communicate effectively within the business and can lead a small team.
What You'll Do
- Preparation of the annual current and deferred corporation tax calculations for the financial statements.
- Prepare and sign off on monthly corporate tax and deferred tax provisions.
- Responsibility for all taxes except payroll.
- Ensure that all tax returns are completed and filed on time.
- Review claims for foreign VAT paid.
- Preparation and review of weekly excise returns and corresponding management of the deferment accounts.
- Review and sign off VAT returns, including review of all VAT rates for items sold.
- Review and advise on property transactions.
- Successfully implement international and domestic projects.
- Review projects for optimisation of tax function.
- Revenue / HMRC correspondence.
- Horizontal monitoring / co-op compliance.
- Liaise with external advisors.
- Manage tax audits.
- Review / implement systems and procedures from a tax perspective.
What You'll Need
- CTA/CTC qualification and or ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 3 years PQE
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Operationally driven.
- Results focus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong excel skills.
- German language skills preferable but not essential
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
What You'll Receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- Starting salary from €65000 DOE
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Company car (optional)
- Company pension after six months of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Dynamic work environment
- New office facility
- On-site gym and canteen
- Up to 2 days remote working per week
Interested In This Position?
Apply at the below link: