Job posted date: 25 August 2022
Job location: Dublin
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Tax, this position is responsible for Datalex group tax, compliance and planning across all tax heads and for certain accounting areas as outlined below.
- Ensuring multi-jurisdictional tax compliance for the Datalex Group across all tax heads – corporation tax, employee taxes and VAT
- Assisting with tax planning in conjunction with Head of Finance/ Group Financial Controller and external tax advisory firms
- Transfer pricing compliance and administration
- Liaison with external advisors and Revenue authorities as required
- Tax reporting both externally and internally
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of tax returns
- R&D tax credit preparation and submission
- Dealing with tax audits
- Accounting for income and deferred tax
- Introducing new policies and procedures to ensure tax compliance
- Tax advisory in the context of commercial initiatives such as new customer contracts
- Non-tax related:
- Capital expenditure accounting
- Share scheme accounting and administration (including cash-based schemes)
- Share capital accounting
- Other accounting tasks as may be assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA trained with 3+ years post qualification experience
- Tax qualification
- The proven ability to quickly assess problems and find effective solutions
- Very competent in Microsoft Office, with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research and simplify complex situations
- Very detail-orientated with an ability to translate financial data into information that can be understood by departments in a non-finance role.
- Team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals.
- Strong technical skills including broad knowledge of IFRS and Irish/UK GAAP
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strong communicator both orally and in writing.
If you are interested in this role, please submit CV to:
Click here to apply
Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail. The Datalex Digital Commerce Platform provides airlines with a unique solution to drive revenue and profit as digital retailers. Today the platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Datalex’s customers include Air China, JetBlue Airways, Hainan Group, SAS, Philippine Airlines, Aer Lingus, Brussels Airlines, Air Transat, Air Malta, STA Travel and Trailfinders. The Group is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, the USA and China. Datalex plc is a publicly listed company on Euronext Dublin (DLE). Learn more at www.datalex.com or follow on twitter @Datalex.