Job posted date: 15 June 2022
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Remote Eligible: Hybrid
Onsite Location(s): Galway
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. We’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges with determination, imagination, and deep care for human life. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives worldwide. This is a place where you can find a career with a meaningful purpose - improving lives through your life’s work.
We are now inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply to our Tax Manager position based out of our Galway operation.
As our new Tax Manager, your primary focus will be on Irish tax compliance, tax analysis and tax planning. In association with Irish management and the Corporate Tax Department, you will manage tax risk while enabling the company to minimise its tax burden and complete its income tax filing and financial reporting requirements. The role will have a joint reporting line to VP, Global Tax Structuring & Finance Director, Galway.
So if you are ready to join an experienced and talented team and enjoy an outstanding work-life balance, read on to find out more about the role and get your application started today!
Key Activities in the role:
- Prepare, review, and complete Irish tax filings.
- Manage all Irish tax aspects, including corporation tax, R&D Incentives, VAT, employment taxes (including global mobility), etc.
- Take responsibility for the country's financial reporting process related to income tax accounting (USGAAP & IFRS).
- Assist Finance with tax-related matters in statutory audits.
- Assist with tax audits and communicate tax risk to senior management
- Monitor and develop processes to optimise all applicable tax initiatives in Ireland while driving synergies and efficiencies in the process.
- Assist with tax filings in the UK.
- Assist in the structuring and planning of acquisitions, reorganisations and legal entity rationalization.
- Collaborate with and manage outside advisors on tax projects.
- Work with Corporate Tax management on various corporate initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with local transfer pricing regulations within the framework of the overall business model and participate in the transfer pricing documentation review.
- Proactively stay apprised of legislative developments within Ireland and the EU. Determine the impact on the company and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Tax Qualification with expertise in Irish & International Tax.
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree HETAC Level 8 in a relevant area.
- Ideally, the candidate is also a qualified accountant (Preferably ACA) & big four trained with ten years + of experience
- Strong corporation tax background.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong tax technical capabilities
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/ manufacturing industry is a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Proven ability to work & communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders on & off-site.
At Boston Scientific, we recognise that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative. It is essential in advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To submit your application please click here.