Tax Director – Cork City
Job posted date: 28 February 2023
Job location: Cork
MC2 Accountants, was set up in 2013 and has quickly established itself as a dynamic and progressive professional service firm. With a staff of over 40 highly experienced and qualified individuals, MC2 Accountants offer end to end solutions that are designed to meet the various needs of our Clients. In addition to providing core Audit and Accountancy services, MC2 Accountants is particularly focused on Advisory services including Tax, Corporate Finance and Transactions Services.
About the Role
An experienced Tax Director is required to join the Tax Team. The role is primarily providing tax advisory services to a broad range of clients. This position is varied and challenging, and the successful candidate will be part of the MC2 leadership team.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for career progression with a business that truly values its team members and is an exciting and supportive place to work.
"Culture and fit within our firm are our top priority when hiring for this key role. Our team is dynamic, flat structured, open, friendly and client focused so we need someone who will continue to foster this culture" Partner
- Management and Growth of the Tax Department in the firm
- Work on a challenging, evolving and varied client portfolio, with excellent opportunities to develop and manage your own portfolio.
- Providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively and presenting solutions to complex technical issues.
- Writing high quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from partners.
- Monitoring and reporting on the firm’s risk management processes and procedures. Partake in our knowledge box informal training sessions
- Develop close client relationships, understand their business and play a part in winning new work, while cross selling the other professional services offerings of the firm
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Participate in flexible working arrangements and achieve a level of autonomy at Director level within the support network of a dynamic professional services firm
About the Person
- CTA qualified with a minimum 5 years post qualification experience. Ideally, the candidate would also be a qualified Accountant or Solicitor.
- Strong technical knowledge and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients.
- Experience in managing and leading a team of qualified professionals
- Top tier practice trained across all tax heads
- Display commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all business dealings
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
We take pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement. We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. Our Tax Director package will include – salary, pension, performance related bonus, professional subscriptions, CPD allowance, flexible working arrangements, and continuous training and support in a collaborative dynamic practice. To apply, submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org