Tax consultant at Gannon Homes
We are looking for a bright, well organised and driven individual to join our tax department in a support role to the head of tax. This role would be ideal for someone looking to move from practice to industry.
The role involves:
- Preparing monthly corporation tax computations and income tax computations coinciding with management account preparation and review.
- Preparing annual corporation tax returns and income tax returns for various entities in the business.
- Preparing VAT returns and RCT reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries raised by members of the finance team in relation to VAT and RCT issues.
- Dealing with home buyers in relation to the Help-To-Buy scheme.
- Assisting in the design of reports generated by the finance function which form part of our internal control procedures.
- Pro-actively engaging in continuous improvement initiatives across tax and finance processes and IT systems.
- Getting involved in one-off projects requiring tax input.
- Liaising with Revenue and with our external tax advisers.
The role would suit a candidate who -
- has experience and knowledge of accounting processes and accounting principles (an accounting qualification would be a distinct advantage),
- has experience preparing tax returns,
- has a tax qualification or is currently sitting tax exams or would like to do so,
- is proficient in excel,
- is enthusiastic and enjoys working as part of a team, and
- has the ability to work in an organised way to meet deadlines.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Nora Walsh at 01 6080516. Please email applications firstname.lastname@example.org