Tax Associate – Financial Services / Real Estate / Real Estate Finance Tax
: 18 February 2022
McCann FitzGerald LLP is one of Ireland’s premier law firms employing approximately 600 people. We provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. Although our clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors, we also advise government entities and state and statutory bodies.
McCann FitzGerald LLP has a best-in-class Tax Group with a specialist Financial Services Tax team who deal with the tax aspects of many of Ireland’s high-profile, cross-border and domestic transactions in the financial services, real estate and real estate finance sectors.
At McCann FitzGerald LLP we combine leading tax, legal and regulatory expertise with strategic and commercial insight to create innovative and integrated solutions for our clients.
We now seek to recruit additional Financial Services Tax team members who are interested in pursuing a busy and varied career specialising in Financial Services, Real Estate and Real Estate Finance Tax within a top tier law firm.
The successful candidate will be part of a team advising on all of the Irish tax aspects of:
- large ticket lending transactions including real estate finance transactions
- structured finance transactions and securitisations, including CLOs, CDOs, repacks, trade receivables finance, corporate bond issuances and derivatives transactions
- Irish authorised funds (including IREFs) and transactions involving funds
- Private equity investment in the financial or real estate sectors and structured investment transactions more generally
- Corporate reorganisation, restructurings and inward investment into Ireland in the financial services, real estate and real estate finance sectors
- Other domestic and international asset finance
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified Solicitor, Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Adviser
- have training or post-qualification experience in Financial Services, Real Estate or Real Estate Finance Tax
- have proven analytical skills, a high degree of commercial awareness and the ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and clearly
- have excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines on an on-going basis
- have a positive and pro-active attitude and take responsibility for completion of tasks
- have the wisdom to demonstrate initiative and seek guidance in appropriate measure
- be collaborative, enjoy working as part of a team and sharing a common goal.
Applications are made through email and should be accompanied by a full curriculum vitae and sent to Danielle Fulham
. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion or for more information, please contact Danielle Fulham on 01-542 5200.