Tax Associate – Corporate Tax Group – Corporate
- September 2022
McCann FitzGerald is one of Ireland’s premier law firms employing approximately 600 people. We provide the highest quality legal advice and representation to Irish and overseas clients. Although our clients are principally in the corporate, financial and business sectors, we also advise government entities and state and statutory bodies.
We have a highly experienced Corporate Tax Group working across all transaction types and sectors.
We combine leading tax law expertise with strategic and commercial insight to create innovative and integrated solutions.
The Corporate Tax team is seeking to recruit an additional team member for their corporate tax team who is interested in pursuing a busy and varied career in Tax. The work is technically challenging and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to work on a wide variety of very interesting tax work.
The successful candidate will be part of the corporate tax team advising on all the tax aspects of:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- corporate reorganisation, restructurings and inward investment into Ireland
- mergers, demergers, acquisitions, disposals, public offerings and corporate finance generally
- private equity transactions from initial investment to exit
- property transactions
- share based remuneration schemes
- employment taxation
- stamp duty
- tax disputes
- betting and gaming taxation and regulation
The successful candidate will:
- be a tax qualified lawyer or accountant with 2-3 years post qualification
- have proven communication and analytical skills with a high degree of commercial awareness
- have excellent time management skills, the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines on an on-going basis
- have a positive and pro-active attitude, a willingness and ability to take ownership and responsibility for the completion of tasks and the ability to take and demonstrate initiative
The successful candidate will have:
- a tax qualification and
- another suitable professional qualification
Applications are made through email and should be accompanied by a full curriculum vitae and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion for more information, please contact Danielle on 01 542 5200.