Tax Assistant Manager
Job posted dates - 6 August 2021
Job location - Dublin
BDO Ireland is seeking a skilled and qualified Tax Assistant Manager to join our successful and expanding Tax Department as part of our growth plans for the next five years.
BDO Ireland has an ambitious strategy which envisages significant future business growth across existing and new services. This growth will be underpinned by a people strategy which will establish BDO as a home for top talent and create an environment where our people can develop and grow.
We are looking for an ambitious, forward thinking high-achiever seeking a new challenge in a progressive and forward-thinking firm. In addition to a competitive package, this position offers opportunities for progression, challenging projects, and learning and development in a collaborative environment. At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need, and you can shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality.
As a part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO is one of the Ireland’s leading accountancy, tax, advisory and consulting organisations. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Role & Responsibilities Includes:
- Assisting with the preparation and reviewing of corporate and income tax returns for a broad portfolio of clients (primarily companies and also owner-managers, directors and HNW’s). Ad-hoc input into compliance and advisory matters relating to all other tax heads including VAT, PAYE/PRSI, Capital Gains Tax, CAT, Stamp Duty, etc
- Reporting directly to members of the senior tax management group and tax partners
- Interpreting legislation and identifying precedent in preparing tax returns
- Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients
- Researching EU and other international tax related developments
- Liaising with other departments to plan and provide professional tax advice
- Supervision, development and mentoring of tax trainees
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Minimum 2 years post qualification tax experience
- AITI Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
- Excellent academic background
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills across all tax heads
- Be commercially minded
- Be ambitious
BDO is an equal opportunities employer.
Click on this link to submit your application.