Tax and Trust Analyst
Job posted date: 17 August 2021
Job location: Cork
WHO WE ARE:
Global Shares is a leading provider of public and private global stock plan services. Our employee share ownership plan technology is award-winning, and our range of products and services make equity plan administration simple, secure, and globally compliant.
WHAT WE VALUE:
People -We care about our people. We treat our people with respect. We embrace diversity and inclusion. We build open and honest relationships, collaborating across boundaries to meet our clients’ needs.
Bravery -We dare to do things differently. We provide best service and technology through innovation, creativity and high performance. We challenge the norm, we challenge ourselves and we challenge complexity with simplicity.
Global -We are one global network. We are champions of employee ownership. We work together, incorporating clients and partners as an extension of our team. We foster a global and diverse community, where our people are united through ambition, commitment and shared goals. We are in this journey together.
Integrity-We are committed to professional integrity We conduct our business to the highest standards with skill, diligence and responsibility. Professional trust, honesty and compliance are at the core of our culture.
Service-We are client focused. We strive to provide our best service, to drive great client experience through teamwork and high performance.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
Global Shares has grown by 300% over the past three years. As a result of this success we are looking for a Tax and Trust Analyst to join our Tax and Trust team in Cork.
We are looking for a team player with great interpersonal & time-management skills including the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines. The right candidate will:
- Have a numerical and analytical aptitude
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive attitude
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and deliver tax reporting needs of a portfolio of companies that administer employee share plans.
- Knowledge and experience of AEOI regulatory reporting and equity based remuneration tax reporting
- Experience dealing with tax authorities across jurisdictions
- Right first time approach with deference to risk mitigation
- Interact with customers/clients on Tax reporting transactions related to their share plan program(s).
- Execute the timely processing of monthly/quarterly/annual expense reports.
- Monitor Global Shares service against targets to ensure we are meeting client deliverables in accordance with their contract
- Organize, develop and maintain procedural and process documentation related to client companies’ program(s) to ensure accurate transaction processing and minimize risk.
- Assist in identifying new system tools and enhancements to existing systems.
- Act as a point of contact for all Tax and Trust reporting matters on client accounts.
- Create and maintain excellent relations with key business partners.
- Gain a general understanding of our various technology platforms as well as our global business capabilities and be able to demonstrate them.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Third level degree in Legal/Taxation/Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- CTA (or part thereof) qualification
- Previous experience working in a busy, deadline centric tax reporting environment
- Proven numeric, financial analysis, documentation and procedural skills required.
- An understanding of the relevant US GAAP & IFRS reporting standards requirements for share based payments.
- Keen interest in development of system generated financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritise and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Team oriented combined with initiative and ability to act autonomously.
- Highly motivated and organised with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Experience in working with country based tax reporting e.g. 1099.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to be part of something special, Global Shares are growing fast, and we want you to be part of our journey
- Competitive salary
- Equity Options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Active Social Club with events throughout the year
- Opportunity to travel and work in our global offices if desired
What our Interview Process is like:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Global Shares. Global Shares is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to see more? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is6E_ppKnuc
To apply email Kbrennock@globalshares.com with your CV or visit https://app.occupop.com/shared/job/tax-and-trust-analyst-YnZx/