Senior Tax Analyst – IPL
Post Type: Full-time
Location: Dublin, Huguenot House, 35–38 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, D02 NY63
Company Website: https://www.iplglobal.com/
IPL is a global leading sustainable packaging solutions provider that manufactures specialty rigid packaging products used in the food, consumer, agricultural, logistics and environmental markets. We have over 2,500 colleagues in 20 manufacturing facilities, two corporate & sales offices and three R&D facilities across the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Continental Europe, and China. IPL operates in a fast paced and dynamic environment and has significant growth plans, acquiring four businesses within the past year.
Read more about our story at: www.iplglobal.com
The Senior Tax Analyst will sit within the broader group finance team located in Dublin. Working closely with the Head of Tax you will have the opportunity to work with Finance teams globally supporting them on an extensive range of tax issues in multiple jurisdictions.
Position Title: Senior Tax Analyst
IPL offers a hybrid working model
Overview of Key Duties:
- Provide support and advice to local finance teams to assist the teams in managing their tax compliance obligations.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Group’s corporation tax filings in conjunction with our tax advisers to ensure they are appropriate and filed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with IPL’s tax advisors on a variety of tax matters as and when they arise.
- Actively monitor changes in tax laws that may impact the businesses.
- Assist with Group projects, including potential M&A activity, new transactions within our existing business and tax reviews of ongoing business activities.
- Advise on tax audits / queries from tax authorities which may arise from time to time.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of Group and local entity transfer pricing policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Head of Group Tax in understanding, assessing and managing IPL’s tax risks and tax exposures which might arise.
- Contribute to the awareness of tax throughout the business to help enable teams to identify situations where they may need support from Group Tax.
- Build a collaborative working relationship with the wider IPL Group.
Essential experience and skills:
- Professional accounting and tax qualification.
- 1-2 years post qualification tax experience.
- Strong accounting, analytic and tax technical understanding skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with an ability to breakdown tax legislation and explain in a concise, meaningful way to non-tax professionals.
- Experience with both direct and indirect taxes is highly desirable.
- Strategic thinker with solid business understanding is desirable.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management is important.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritise is core to this role.
Click on this application link to submit your application.
Job Published: 5 July 2023