Tax Analyst – Dublin (Hybrid Role)
Job posted date: 16 May 2022
Job location: Dublin
Forcepoint is the leading user and data protection cybersecurity company, entrusted to safeguard organisations while driving digital transformation and growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Analyst. Reporting to the Tax Manager, located in Dublin, they will work alongside the Senior Tax Accountant in Dublin, as well as colleagues in the US and elsewhere, in connection with tax compliance and planning for new and existing non-US tax jurisdictions. The position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of non-US entity corporate income tax returns, VAT return reviews, US GAAP reporting matters, assisting with technology and systems improvements and in the research, analysis and completion of all tax matters relating to the Forcepoint Group’s international entities.
This person will be exposed to tax technology developments, tax audits, the taxation of the digital economy and numerous other issues encountered by a multi-national corporation headquartered in the US. We are searching for a well-rounded tax professional that can work independently and as part of a team. Must be energetic & proactive with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a very dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Preferred ACA, ACCA, AITI, CIMA - qualified / part qualified
- Relevant degree from a third level institution is a requirement
- Experience gained in a large Multinational organisation or Big 4 accounting firm preferred but not essential
- Previous accounting experience an advantage
- Basic knowledge of transfer pricing concepts helpful
- Must possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation and organisation skills.
- Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines and handle multiple projects effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with strong time management
- Ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of the business
- Strong attention to detail
- Adapts well to and is energised by change
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills
- Have an interest in tax technology and systems and process improvements
- Systems (SAP/Other ERP) experience an advantage
- Calculate estimated income tax payments for the Forcepoint Group International Worldwide entities
- Maintain tax compliance calendar, ensuring timely completion of all scheduled items including tax return filings and payments across all tax heads
- Assist with preparation of US GAAP income tax provision calculations including underlying inputs into OneSource Tax Provision Software
- Assist with preparation of cash tax forecasts
- Be proactive in ensuring Irish Corporation Tax compliance and assist with preparation of annual statutory accounts and corporate income tax returns including managing the output of external advisers as appropriate
- Assist with tax examinations / audits initiated in various jurisdictions
- Assist with the Company’s transfer pricing compliance including review of intercompany
- Assist with VAT Compliance for international entities
- Assist with other tax matters such as withholding taxes, the tax implications of incentive schemes and the annual UK PSA as well as expat issues
- Analyse and process information necessary to make tax calculations that can be used to make business decisions
- Respond and resolve queries received from governmental agencies related to tax matters
- Perform tax research, including the effects of proposed legislation and other matters impacting the company
- Assist the Forcepoint Tax Team in ensuring the company maintains the highest standards in all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements
- Maintain robust documentation to support all analyses performed and conclusions reached
- Remain current in relevant statutory, administrative, and judicial authority and guidance to identify and analyse the impact of such changes on the company
- Review R&D tax calculations and supporting documentation for Ireland and the UK
- Liaise with external tax advisors for compliance and tax planning purposes
- Actively contribute to tax technology and systems implementations and process Improvements
Please email your CV to Melanie.Thomas@Forcepoint.com
We are mission driven.
We are passionate about our mission because our solutions protect businesses, critical
infrastructures, and governments around the world.
Find out more about Forcepoint’s Mission, Vision, and Values at www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Find us on social at #forcepoint #forcepointculture #lifeatforcepoint to find out what its really like to work here from the team themselves.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.