Tax Analyst at Flow
Job posted date - 12 April 2021
Job location - Dublin
About the Company
Flow is a SaaS e-commerce platform that enables brands and retailers to become international and sell cross-border. Flow’s API driven platform enables merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites, solving all cross-border pain points throughout the entire e-commerce supply chain, such as local payment methods, international shipping options, and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants. The result is a next generation platform for cross-border commerce, focused on the customer experience and on maximizing conversion rates.
Flow has raised $55m+ in funding (most recently Series B) from NEA, Amex Venture, Bain Capital Ventures, Forerunner and Fung Capital and more.
About the Role
The Tax Analyst role will involve tax preparation and research in various aspects of Flow’s global business. This person will utilize their skills in how to facilitate submission of multiple tax returns in all countries we operate in. This role represents an opportunity for the person to broaden their experience and skills in international tax issues on a global basis including indirect tax and transfer pricing.
This role reports to our Global Tax Manager and is based out of our Dublin office.
- Involved in managing various indirect tax aspects of Flow’s global business
- Ensure quality review of indirect tax (VAT, GST, sales tax) returns and execution of tax payments
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues
- Understand billing and reporting systems and providing system and invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations
- Research advanced international indirect tax issues and the indirect tax aspects of new country expansion
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other team functions, and external tax advisors
- Other indirect and direct tax related ad-hoc projects as needed
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- Newly Qualified Tax Consultant (CTA or similar)
- At least 3+ years of experience working with billing and reporting systems, providing invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations
- Detail oriented, strong research and analytical skills
- Familiarity with the taxation trends for cross-border ecommerce
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal environment while balancing multiple priorities and projects
Life at Flow
At Flow, we look for those with a passion for learning and who desire to have meaningful impact. We are a team of problem-solvers and out-of-the-box thinkers. We welcome diverse perspectives and people that enjoy being challenged - come join us!
A little bit about life at Flow:
- We offer competitive health insurance for you and your family, flexible paid time off and retirement saving plans to name a few. All employees are granted stock options so when we say Act Like an Owner is one of our values, we really mean it.
- You can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by kind and talented people who you will learn from and genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally. Every employee has access to LinkedIN Learning and a professional development budget.
- You don't need to come into the office every day because we trust you to deliver exceptional results. We do have certain days designated for everyone to come in since team brainstorming, collaboration and cultural activities are fun to do in person!
- Go karting and whiskey tasting to hot sauce competitions and company wide ping pong tournaments - we’ve got all the bases covered. Flow is so much more than sitting in front of your desk all day.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Our team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life.
Manny Bernard, Head of Talent Acquisition
Global E-commerce now has Flow