Job posted date: 6 September 2022
Job location: Dundrum - Dublin 16
As a Tax Analyst you will be involved in working with Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence as part of a specialist Tax team. You will spend your time collecting, analysing, interpreting and reporting on information for tax purposes.
You will have the opportunity to use and develop your skills in a variety of tax applications, mainly related to financial reporting, compliance and tax optimisation work. You will add value through your ability to understand and communicate to others, including non-specialists, about tax matters and their impact on the business, and balancing conflicting demands and working to tight deadlines.
- Working as part of the Tax team within Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence, gathering, validating and compiling quantitative and qualitative tax information, from multiple internal and/or external sources, to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Carrying out financial and tax analysis and compiling reports for tax purposes including:
- Returns for Corporation Tax, Insurance Premium Levies and Taxes, VAT, and Transfer Pricing
- Tax provisions for quarterly and annual Group, Regulatory and Statutory Reporting and Accounts
- Internal forecasts and tax reviews
- Tax changes and their impact on the business
- Interpreting financial and tax information to determine causality, significance, business impact or implications and developing advice or recommendations for action to be approved by others
- Communicating and liaising with finance and business colleagues as necessary to check accuracy, give or obtain further information and/or resolve queries
- Ensuring tax information and interpretation is presented clearly, unambiguously and in a readily comprehensible and appropriate format for the audience and business purpose, within agreed timescales
- Contributing to robust tax processes, ensuring stringent financial control as well as compliance with Group policies and other regulatory requirements
- Adhering to internal service levels which have been agreed for the Centre of Excellence and the services it is providing to customers
- Contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives to enable business objectives to be met in a tax efficient way
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved efficiency or effectiveness and/or enhanced service
- AITI Chartered Tax Adviser with 0-2 years post qualification experience in practice or industry
- Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA or equivalent an advantage
- Experience in insurance, banking or financial services desirable but not essential
- Ability to deliver high quality analytics to tight deadline & customer expectations
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Click Apply to submit application.