Location: Dublin 8
Reporting Line : Assistant Manager – Tax Services
Department : Cornmarket Tax Services
Division : CTRS
What is the purpose of this job?
The role-holder will be part of a team that provides tax advice and processes tax returns for clients. The Tax advisor role will be responsible for preparing clients tax returns, discussing the tax return outcome with the client and liaising with revenue commissioners to ensure the return is complete.
What this Job is expected to Do (Accountabilities)
- Prepare both standard and self-assessed tax returns for clients
- Answer client queries in relation to tax and financial advice
- Have a professional and empathetic approach to customer queries
- Highly organised approach to the work
- Seek to solve problems
- Work as part of the team
- Perform to deadlines
- Manage time effectively
- To comply with risk control and regulatory requirements that are relevant to this role.
- To maintain commercial awareness relevant to this role.
Is this role a controlled function
The level of Knowledge / Skills / Experience (Technical Competency) required for the role
- Good sound tax knowledge (min TMITI qual. Within 12 months of joining)
- Commercial awareness
- Interest in continuing to improve tax knowledge in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management
- Ability to work towards deadlines and work under pressure
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment.
- Commercial awareness.
The behavioural competencies that are essential for the job (How the role holder should behave)
- Empathy with Client needs
- Strong verbal skills / Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident phone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail a must
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to Recruitment@Cornmarket.ie