Tax Accountant – SIG
Job posted date: 6 February 2024
Job location: Dublin
Susquehanna International Group, LLP (SIG) is one of the largest securities trading organizations in the United States and has a staff of over 1,800 professionals devoted to institutional sales, trading, research, and information technology. Our European Headquarters is based in Dublin, where we employ over 650 people in Trading, Quantitative Research, Technology and other areas across a range of distinct trading strategies, including Exchange Traded Funds, Commodities, Options, Fixed Income, and Convertible Bonds.
This is a broad role and involves working with all areas of the business receiving exposure to multiple tax heads. Reporting to the Tax Manager, this role offers a wide range of responsibility giving the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to further develop their experience to date in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The position will include group tax accounting, tax compliance, process automation while supporting other ad hoc tax projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsibility for all European tax compliance with particular emphasis on Corporation Tax, VAT, DWT and Financial Transaction Taxes.
- Tax Accounting duties including monthly provisioning and account reconciliations.
- Responsibility for maintaining and testing internal tax controls and ensuring all tax policies and procedure documentation is up to date.
- Supporting payroll and HR functions and advising where required on Global Mobility matters.
- Building strong relationships with relevant business units to ensure timely communication regarding transactions with tax implications.
- Assisting with the management of tax audits, including resolving audit issues.
- Assist with developing system automations to streamline processes.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in tax compliance or advisory work, previous UK corporate tax or Global Mobility experience an advantage.
- AITI qualified/part qualified with an accounting qualification or a strong knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
- A proven ability to understand and use Accounting Software systems (Great Plains/Dynamics Experience would be an advantage) and reporting and data analytics tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to organize and work with large volumes of data.
- Deadline driven and results focused.
- Strong and confident communicator with good interpersonal skills
Please email CV to Megan McCormack email@example.com