Tax Accountant (Remote flexibility) – Forcepoint Dublin
Job posted date - 17 May 2021
Job location - Dublin
Forcepoint is the leading user and data protection cybersecurity company, entrusted to safeguard organisations while driving digital transformation and growth.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant. Reporting to the Tax Manager, located in Dublin, they will work alongside the Senior Tax Accountant in Dublin in connection with tax compliance and planning for new and existing non-US tax jurisdictions. The position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of non-US entity corporate income tax returns, VAT return reviews, US GAAP reporting matters, assisting with technology and systems improvements and in the research, analysis and completion of all tax matters relating to the Forcepoint Group’s international entities.
This person will be exposed to tax technology developments, tax audits, the taxation of the digital economy and numerous other issues encountered by a multinational corporation headquartered in the US. We are searching for a well-rounded tax professional that can work independently and as part of a team. Must be energetic & proactive with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a very dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Calculate estimated income tax payments for relevant international companies.
- Assist with preparation of US GAAP income tax provision calculations including underlying inputs into OneSource Tax Provision software
- Assist with preparation of cash tax forecasts
- Maintain tax compliance calendar, ensuring timely completion of all scheduled items including tax return filings and payments across all tax heads
- Be proactive in ensuring Irish corporation tax compliance and assist with preparation of annual statutory accounts and corporate income tax returns including managing the output of external advisers as appropriate
- Have an interest in tax technology and systems & process improvements
- Assist with tax examinations initiated in various jurisdictions
- Assist with the Company’s transfer pricing compliance
- Assist with review of VAT returns for all international entities prior to submission
- Assist with other tax matters such as withholding taxes, the tax implications incentives of incentive schemes and the annual UK PSA as well as expat issues including the development and maintenance of policies related to same
- Analyze and process information necessary to make tax calculations that can be used to make business decisions
- Respond to and resolve queries received from governmental agencies related to tax matters
- Perform tax research, including the effects of proposed legislation and other matters impacting the Company
- Assist the Forcepoint Tax Group in ensuring the company maintains the highest standards in all tax accounting controls and documentation requirements
- Maintain robust documentation to support all analyses performed and conclusions reached
- Remain current in relevant statutory, administrative, and judicial authority and guidance to identify and analyze the impact of such changes on the Company
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Newly qualified (or soon to be) AITI and/or ACA, ACCA, CPA preferred
- Experience gained in a large Multinational organization or large accounting firm preferred but not essential
- SAP knowledge beneficial but not essential
- Basic knowledge of transfer pricing concepts helpful
- Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines and handle multiple projects effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with strong time management
- Excellent communication skills
This role offers a flex working arrangement, competitive Salary and a comprehensive benefits plan from the Forcepoint Total Rewards program.
For more information, please contact: