Tax Accountant at AXA
Location: Wolfe Tone Street, Dublin
Job posted date: 20 February 2020
Reporting to the Head of Tax the purpose of the role will be to assist in the management of the tax compliance affairs of AXA Insurance dac, its Northern Ireland branch and other AXA Group companies based in Ireland. The candidate will also be responsible for various tax projects in the AXA Ireland Group.
- Preparation of the monthly current and deferred tax charge for AXA Insurance and it’s NI Branch.
- Preparation of the tax note for inclusion in the statutory accounts.
- Preparation of the corporation tax return for AXA Insurance.
- Preparation of the tax returns for the other AXA companies based in Ireland.
- Assisting in the handling of tax queries from the Group, other business departments and the Revenue Commissioners (including any Revenue audits).
- Assistance with the preparation of reports and presentations to the Head Office tax team in Paris.
- Preparation of control accounts and tax journals in respect of the above returns.
- Review of Irish and UK VAT returns and working with the business on this.
- Dealing with tax projects and advising the business and colleagues on issues.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Professional tax qualification is essential.
- Communication - has good interpersonal skills and keeps appropriate people well informed of plans, progress and decisions.
- Planning & Organising – able to organise own time effectively to complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- Attention to detail – has good attention to detail and can quickly raise issues that are identified.
- Business Focus - demonstrates an awareness of management thinking and vision.
- Initiative & Proactivity - identifies potential problems and acts quickly to offset problems or seize opportunities.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and knowledge of products and processes to carry out tasks as required.
- Developed excel / word skills.
- Professional Tax qualification essential.
- SAP or similar reporting experience.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her for further information.