Senior Tax Manager
Job posted date - 9 July 2021
Job location - Dublin (George’s Quay office or Remote)
Purpose of Role
The role will comprise of managing the Corporation Tax, VAT and ancillary tax requirements for both our clients and our local Irish Vistra entities.
With a large portfolio of clients, focused principally on Capital Markets type transactions, this position offers an exciting role for the right person to work with Investment Banks, Transaction Arrangers, Asset Managers and Private Equity sourced clients.
- Oversight and review of corporation tax returns for client entities to ensure they are filed on time.
- Work with client tax advisors and Vistra Client Services Team to ensure, as far as possible, that all information and analysis required for the preparation of the tax returns is available.
- Keeping up to date on all relevant changes in Irish tax legislation and working with tax advisors in relation to how the changes will affect the client companies.
- Oversight and review of the VAT submissions for client companies and local Vistra entities to ensure they are filed on time.
- Ensure VAT compliance procedures are complied with, refreshed and kept up to date.
- Responsibility for FATCA / CRS filings on behalf of client companies.
- Liaise with Revenue and with client tax advisors to close out Revenue queries.
- Good knowledge of and working experience in using ROS portal.
- Assist with tax related projects as required.
Attributes/ Technical Skills
- Good interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, and professional intermediaries.
- Numerate, organized with a need for accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and varied decision-making scenarios.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Working in a similar role within Industry.
- Experience in the tax department of a large audit firm / legal firm servicing the Financial Services industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Firsthand experience of the preparation and submission of both corporation tax and VAT submissions.
Education and Professional Qualification
Associate of the Institute of Taxation in Ireland and/or a Qualified Accountant.
Join us. At Vistra there is a world of opportunities for you and our clients. Help us deliver consistent greatness in every touchpoint – wherever and whenever people meet us. Grow fast, build relationships, and gain exposure; your focus from the get-go will be focusing both locally & internationally. Enjoy winning with equally passionate learners and solving challenges for our global and complex clients. Together, we constantly want to raise the bar – making everyone better
Exciting and varied work
- An environment that is open and collaborative
- An opportunity for you to carve a career out for yourself in a business that is growing rapidly!
- Open door policy with Senior Stakeholders all hungry to drive improvements
- Competitive benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities
Click here to submit your application for this role.