Senior Tax Manager – Education Delivery and Development
Post Type: Full-time
Job Location: Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 2
Closing Date: 19 June 2023
Company Website: https://taxinstitute.ie/
The Irish Taxation Institute is the leading provider of professional taxation education in Ireland. The Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) programme has been provided for over forty years and is the gold standard in tax education. The Institute also delivers the Tax Technician programme together with a range of other Certificate and Diploma programmes.
The Institute wishes to recruit a CTA to join the education team. The Senior Tax Manager - Education Delivery and Development will report to the Director of Educational Strategy (Director) and will have responsibility for raising awareness of the range of programmes as well as developing the tax technical content for the programmes. Duties will include:
- Providing tax technical support to the lecturing teams delivering the programmes
- Project managing the design and delivery of the education programmes including review of the technical education materials provided
- Project managing the design and delivery of the programmes including working with the subject matter experts and the operations team on the production of technical materials and lecture materials
- Building relationships with lecturers and working with the Director to appoint, train and develop best in class education contributors
- Managing and optimising the best learning experience for students both in-person and online of tax technical content and professional skills
- Ensuring timely and clear communication to students and employers and liaising with subject matter experts on tax technical issues
- Working with the Digital Learning Designer to design and roll out of eLearning supports including the production of tax technical learning content
- Project managing the annual programme reviews for all programmes
- Managing the quality of the delivery of tax technical content in all programmes
- Working closely with Digital Design team to enhance the student learning management system that supports the programmes
- Working with the eLearning team on development of innovative delivery methods of the programmes.
Quality Assurance and accreditation
- Managing the quality assurance of the programmes and keep the QA manual up to date and improve processes and streamline where possible
- Manage the ongoing engagement with QQI
- Building and harnessing relationships with the second and third level sector to broaden the appeal of a career in tax to students in particular:
- Organise/deliver in-class presentations to all relevant or interested students in all major third level institutions
- Build relationships with key lecturers and heads of school to facilitate access to students
- Organise with the events and education team our attendance at key careers fairs and other relevant student events
- Work with careers offices to raise student awareness of tax as a career.
- Organise and oversee the third level scholarship programme
- Award third level prizes in all relevant major tax modules in major third level institutions
- Develop and promote innovative student initiatives such as the Fantasy Budget competition
- Develop tax technical content to support learning at second and third level.
- Building and harnessing relationships with other professional bodies to demonstrate how the CTA can benefit their members.
- Building relationships with key HR and training and development contacts in the large employer firms to ensure their learning needs are met and that they are aware of the changes to the programmes. To link up with the promotion of tax within these firms and to link our common messages.
- Developing pathways to CTA from other professional qualifications and from the third level sector including oversight of exemption policies.
- Attend all Committee meetings and work with the Director to prepare agenda and minutes.
- Produce and present reports regarding education delivery to the Education Committee as required
Such other related responsibilities as determined by the Director of Educational Strategy in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
About the person
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold the CTA qualification with excellent tax technical knowledge and skills across all taxes.
- Have at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Have a keen interest in education and training (experience in lecturing or assessment an advantage)
- Have proven organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation skills)
- Have the ability to build and develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Have a proven track record of the ability to work within a team
- Demonstrate a strong ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Be innovative and creative
- Have strong attention to detail
Please submit a CV and cover letter to Martina O’Brien (email@example.com) by 5pm, Monday 19 June.
Job Published: 23 May 2023